These are some of our favorite links to happenings and resources around the planet.
San Diego Area
- Pet Lovers Publications - Info on pet friendly hotels, restaurants, activities in San Diego.
- Waves, Water and Weather - Here is a site full of information on local ocean conditions.
- GPS Information - Everything you have always wanted to know about Global Positioning Systems... and more
- Chula Vista Nature Center - Ride the tram out to the Sweetwater Marsh National Wildlife Refuge where you can pet sharks and rays, and see sea turtles and bald eagles.
- California Gray Whale Coalition - Keep up to date on what is happening with our gray whale population and migration along our Pacific Coast.
- California Department of Fish and Game - Here is info on grunion runs, fishing licenses, etc. for California.
- PADDLE ME Guidebooks - Superior sources of information on where to flat water kayak and canoe in California. Log on to learn more about how you can experience the joy of paddling in California
Baja California, Mexico
- Whale Sharks - Here is the identification library for the beautiful Whale Sharks.
- Whale Trackers - Information about the endangered Vaquita porpoise.
- Ignacio Springs Bed and Breakfast - San Ignacio, Baja California - Stay in a yurt right on the river in the middle of a palm oasis
- Alaska's Whales - Information on the different species of whales in Alaska.
- Alaska's Glaciers -Great information and photos about glaciers.
- Waterford Press - Order wildlife pocket guides or download free nature activities for the kids
- Leave No Trace Outdoor Ethics - Promoting and inspiring responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships
- Thorn Tree Travel Forum - This is Lonely Planet's great travel forum where you can post questions and get answers about traveling throughout the world.
- Campmor - Your quickest link to quality discounted outdoor gear